Established in 2002, the Academic Librarians Section (ALS) Outstanding Contribution Award is presented to an academic librarian, or team of same, whose outstanding contribution has made a real difference to students, faculty, or colleagues in British Columbia.
The award will be presented at this year’s BCLA AGM on May 23rd, 2015. ALS will also publicize the award winner and nominees in appropriate media and in a letter to the award winner’s institution.
All nominations submitted by April 2nd, 2015 will be considered by the ALS Award Committee for the current year’s award.
Nominees or their institutions are required to be BCLA members.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from the ALS Award page and submitted via email to Adam Farrell at email@example.com
Please be sure to include the following information in your nomination:
• Name of nominator
• Name of nominee
• Project or reason for nomination
• Contact information for nominator in case we need to follow up
Criteria for nomination could include:
• Demonstrated (through example and/or statistics) impact on students, colleagues, or the library
• Demonstrated collaboration with colleagues or other institutions
• Worthy of inspiring similar efforts within the profession
Your 2015 ALS Awards Committee
• Amber Saundry – UBC
• Megan Sorenson – SFU
• Jenna Thomson – SFU
• Mary-Anne MacDougall – UFV
• Roen Janyk – Okanagan College
• Adam Farrell – Acsenda School of Management (Chair)
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.