Registration is now open for iConference 2014, with discounted early rates available through December 15; standard rates apply thereafter. Register now for the lowest available rate!
iConference 2014 will bring together scholars and researchers from around the world who share a common concern about critical information issues in contemporary society. This is our ninth annual conference and the first to be held in Europe. Organized under the banner ‘Breaking Down Walls | Culture, Context, Computing’, iConference 2014 will provide an inspiring sense of community, high quality research presentations, and myriad opportunities for engagement. All information field practitioners are welcome; affiliation with a member-iSchool is not required.
- A compelling program of peer-reviewed Papers, Notes, and Posters.
- Thought-provoking Workshops and Sessions for Interaction and Engagement.
- Keynote addresses from Tony Hey of Microsoft Research and Melissa Terras of the Department of Information Studies, University College London.
- Myriad opportunities for socializing and networking with premier thinkers in the information field. Social events include our Opening Reception at Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, private gala dinner at the world-renowned Naturkunde Museum Berlin, two networking-oriented Poster Sessions, a Farewell Reception, and multiple shared meals and breaks throughout.
- Unique opportunities for career mentoring and growth, including a Doctoral Colloquium (invitation only), an Early Career Colloquium (open to all) and a Professional Development Seminar (also open to all).
- A Social Media Expo presented by iSchool student teams and sponsored by Microsoft Research.
- The opportunity to personally experience Berlin, one of the most historic and compelling cities in Europe.
iConference 2014 is presented by the iSchools organization and hosted by The Berlin School of Library and Information Science at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin; the program is administered by the Royal School of Library and Information Science, University of Copenhagen. The presenting sponsor is Microsoft Research, with additional funding from De Gruyter and Springer. The conference takes place 4-7 March, 2014.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.