ALPS December Meeting: Technology and the academic librarian: Emerging, merging, and changing the game
Friday, December 6, 2013
WEBCASTING AVAILABLE FOR THE MORNING LIGHTNING TALKS!
Please note that the afternoon meeting will not be webcast and tickets for the live event are sold out.
9:30-12:00 lightning talks and discussion:
· Online Instruction: Keeping it Personal — Ania Dymarz, Life Sciences Librarian (SFU)
· To Use or Not To Use: Should Academic Libraries be Using Web 2.0 Tool to Engage Students and Faculty? — Laura Thorne,Learning Services Librarian (UBCO)
· Teaching via Skype: The Rashomon Effect — Holly Hendrigan, Liaison Librarian for Education and Arts & Social Sciences (SFU)
· Web Literacy Standards and Open Badges — Cynthia Ng, Accessibility Librarian (Langara)
· Experimenting with Shifting Sands: UBC Library’s Localized Open Online Course (LOOC) Partnership — Erin Fields,Teaching & Learning Librarian (UBC)
· Flexible Learning Support for a First Year Business Course — Lindsay Ure, Business Liaison Librarian (UBC)
· Qualitative Data Analysis Support for Researchers — Nicole White, Head, Research Commons (SFU)
Thank you to the Irving K Barber Learning Centre for generously sponsoring the webcasting and recording of this event. For more information about the Irving K Barber Learning Centre’s webcasts portal see:
After the event the presentations will be deposited in cIRcle: UBC’s digital repository.