REGISTRATION AND WAIT LIST INSTRUCTIONS – SUMMER 2014 TERMS 1 AND 2
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Registration for Summer Term 1 & 2 opens on March 3rd, 2014 for all Graduate students.
You should have already received emails from Enrolment Services giving detailed instructions on how to register and your time to begin registration. If you have not received this email, please update your email in the SSC.
To register you will need the following:
- Your CWL and Password
- Registration Time
Please note the following:
- Register as early as possible as there are limited number of seats in each course.
- SLAIS cannot pre-register you for any courses ahead of your specified date and time in the SSC
- If you are unable to register you should contact the following:
if you can still not register after first contacting enrolment services please contact
- Melissa Nightingale – email@example.com with the following information
- Student Number
- Brief outline of time/steps enrolment services attempted to use to assist you.
*Although we will do our best to assist with all registration issues, we cannot register you in a course once all seats have been filled.
WAIT LIST PROCEDURES
The SLAIS Wait List system will open the day after registration on Tuesday March 4, 2014 and 12:00pm (noon).
To Register for Wait Lists you will need the following:
- Registration Link – https://applications.arts.ubc.ca/secure/index.php
- Your CWL and Password
Complete the Following Steps to sign up for a course waitlist
- Ensure you are in the right Term
- Click the (+) sign to register for a course on the waitlist or the (-) sign to remove yourself from a course
- You can only register for 8 wait lists (across both terms)
- The system refreshes every 20 seconds and will notify you of your place on the list (15 students maximum per wait list)
- The Wait List will close on Monday April 1st, 2014
Important Information to Note:
- SSC Courses will be re-opened to students only after all waitlist students have been contacted in numeric order
- SLAIS will not maintain a waitlist in the office
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues on waitlists with the subject: waitlist: course/term. Include exact error message you received.
If you must take one of the required courses to complete your degree requirements by the end of the term please contact Melissa Nightingale as soon as possible to ensure your seat is reserved. This only applies to required courses in accordance with UBC Senate Policy and will not be used for elective courses.