The Youth Services SIG Co-Chairs are seeking graduate student applicants for the Youth Services Graduate Student Travel Award, generously sponsored by the University of Washington Information School. The full award description is here: http://www.alise.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=426
Please note the submission deadline of November 7, 2014.
Are you eligible? Check the criteria below to find out!
1) You will be enrolled in an LIS graduate program (master¹s or doctoral) during the ALISE Conference (January 27-30, 2015).
2) Your program of study includes a concentration in youth services (broadly defined as materials and/or services, children and/or young adults, everyday setting and/or library setting).
3) You are a member ALISE and a member of the Youth Services SIG.
4) You are actively participating in the conference (e.g.,presenting a paper, serving on a panel, interviewing for a faculty position).
Yes! I¹m eligible!
Please submit your application, including the following in PDF or Word format, by November 7, 2014:
1) A one-page, single-spaced letter describing your interest and work in the youth services area.
2) Evidence of participation in the upcoming conference (e.g., emailed poster/paper acceptance, panel notification).
3) Current curriculum vitae.
No, I¹m not eligible‹but I know someone who is!
Great! Send them this message and encourage them to apply!
The award amount is $750, and beyond that, it¹s a great item to
include on your CV when you¹re job-hunting!
Good luck and best regards,
Denice Adkins & Robin Kurz, your Youth Services SIG Co-Chairs