Deadline for submissions: December 19, 2014
The Canadian Library Association and the 2015 Conference Planning Committee invites you to submit proposals for the 70th CLA National Conference and Trade Show, which is taking place in Ottawa, ON from June 3 – 6, 2015. This year’s conference theme is Privacy and Security – Are you open to the public?. The theme was chosen because of the overarching scope of the topic, as it impacts our profession and workplaces in many different ways.
We welcome proposals from individuals and organizations interested in libraries and the information community, including public libraries, school libraries, college and university libraries of all sizes, special libraries, cultural institutions, government and the vendor community.
The Conference Committee is soliciting proposals on all topics of interest to the library and information community, and are particularly interested in sessions that explore, for example:
• Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation
• Privacy advocacy and education
• Information Technology security
• Role of libraries and librarians/library staff in protecting privacy and freedom of information
For 2015, the Conference Planning Committee is changing up the session formats to enhance participation, innovation, and collaboration. We are offering two session lengths:
• 20 minute sessions: Focussed sessions on specific topics or projects.
• 45 minute sessions: Larger discussions or panels.
CLA encourages submitters to include varied presentation formats: panels of speakers, discussions, debates, interviews – let your imagination guide you! We would like to particularly encourage sessions featuring multiple organizations or institutions presenting together.
A separate call for poster proposals will follow shortly.
Vendor Community Participation
Interested parties with corporate affiliation are welcome to submit proposals, either on their own or in collaboration with community partners. These proposals must demonstrate that the presentation will be objective and product-neutral.
• Deadline for submission is December 19, 2014
• All proposals must be submitted online through ProposalSpace
• Submitters are required to prepare all material and obtain complete information prior to submitting the proposal. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
• Submissions must include complete contact information for every person involved (proposer, panelist, speaker, etc) in the session.
The Conference Committee will select sessions based on the following criteria:
• Relevance of the ideas, methods, and/or projects to CLA communities
• Connection to the conference theme
• Clarity and appropriateness of the learning objectives for the session
• Novelty, originality and timeliness
• Evidence of collaboration within or across CLA communities
• Experience of the speaker(s)
• Quality of the proposal
All submitters will be notified 12 February, 2015.