iConference 2015 registration is now open. Discounted early rates are available through Jan. 15, 2015. Register today to secure the early rate!
The iConference is an international gathering of scholars and researchers concerned with critical information issues in contemporary society. iConference 2015 will take place March 24-27, 2015, at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa. The iConference pushes the boundaries of information studies, explores core concepts and ideas, and creates new technological and conceptual configurations—all situated in interdisciplinary discourses. All information scholars, researchers and practitioners are welcome.
The official iConference 2015 schedule will be posted soon, and includes the following:
• Keynote addresses by noted luminaries Christine L. Borgman, Carole Goble, and Scott E. Page.
• 51 completed research papers offering new and interesting perspectives on key topics in the information field.
• 40 preliminary results papers that explore developing thinking and perspectives.
• Nearly 100 poster presentations by present and future thought-leaders in the field.
• 12 workshops providing a meaningful and immersive experience in specific areas of study.
• 8 thought-provoking sessions for interaction and engagement.
• Myriad socializing and networking opportunities, including our evening Opening Reception, and also our Banquet Dinner at the waterfront Newport Dunes.
• Special meetings for iSchools leadership, staff, and practitioners.
• The student Social Media Expo, presentation of the annual iSchools Doctoral Dissertation Award, and much, much more!
Registration is open now. Participants are also encouraged to book their lodging in our specially priced room block at the conference hotel. See our Accommodations Page for details.
iConference 2015 is presented by the iSchools and hosted by University of California, Irvine: The Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences. The conference champion sponsors are Microsoft Research and UCI Hana Lab; contributors include Facebook and Nokia; additional support provided by Google, Morgan & Claypool Publishers, the UCI Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and UCI Newkirk Center.
Conference Home: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.