The application deadline for the National Digital Stewardship Residency program in Washington, D.C. has been extended for one week. Applications for the program must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, February 6, 2015 through USAJOBS.
The NDSR program was created by the Library of Congress in partnership with the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). The year-long program will start in June 2015 and will provide recent graduates the opportunity to gain hands-on, professional experience in one of five different agencies in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. Residents participating in the program will receive a stipend of $40,000 and additional funding for training and/or conference attendance over the course of the year. Agencies hosting residents for the 2015-2016 program include:
The American Institute of Architects
DC Public Library
Government Publishing Office
National Library of Medicine
U.S. Senate Historical Office
Recent graduates with a strong interest in digital stewardship are encouraged to apply.
Complete applications for the program will include:
• A resume created within USAJOBS, demonstrating digital stewardship experience
• Undergraduate and Graduate-level transcripts (uploaded in USAJOBS)
• A one page cover letter that identifies professional objectives and top three projects (uploaded in USAJOBS)
• A web link (provided in USAJOBSA) that points to a two to three minute video creatively showing aptitude for tackling the challenges of favorite host proposals and passion for digital preservation.
• Two letters of recommendation from academic advisors or professors, previous employers, or college/university work-study supervisors. The letters must be sent by the person providing the recommendation to email@example.com by the application deadline.
More detailed application instructions, requirements and further information about the program can be found on the NDSR-DC website at www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsr.
The link to apply through USAJOBS is https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/389615400.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.