The AMS/UBC Research Grant is a new initiative giving funding to UBC students who are interested in conducting scholarly research to build knowledge and understanding of post-secondary matters affecting UBC Vancouver’s community, so we can have a healthier, more supportive, more successful student community.
Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals on any topic, but potential research could include:
- Student life (academic and non-academic)
- Social sustainability
- Open access publishing and copyright issues
- Mental Health Issues
- Campus planning
- Community engagement and consultation
- Affordability/accessibility of education
- Alternate housing models
- Child care
- Public transit
- Evaluation of governance at UBC
- Business model analysis
Proposals should include:
- Information about how the proposal will contribute to a healthy, supportive, and successful student community at UBC.
- Demonstrate an impact on UBC Vancouver’s student population or the Point Grey Campus or University Endowment Lands.
- Proposals should be ambitious but present a feasible plan to achieve their specific objectives.
- Applicants should demonstrate the value of each member of the research team.
AMS Impact Grant Applications are due March 17th at 9am and must be submitted to the AMS Executive Offices or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.